|The Silent Avenger|
March 13, 1938
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
An inmate who's about to go to the electric chair, convinces his bother to seek revenge on those who put him on death row.
Full Cast[edit | edit source]
- Joe Brecker (a death row murderer; dies)
- Danny Brecker (Joe's brother, a war veteran; dies)
- Commissioner Weston
- Mrs. Brecker (Joe and Danny's mother)
- Judge Wilson (dies)
- Harvey (Judge Wilson's assistant)
- Mr. Hanson and Mrs. Adams (jurors; dies)
- Inspector Craig
- Mr. O'Hara (a produce vendor)
- Sam (Mr. O'Hara's employee)
Notes and References[edit | edit source]
- An announcer asks the listeners to send a "penny postcard" to Blue Coal for a free copy of The Shadow Magazine.
- The Shadow proves to be an anti-war sympathizer by telling Commissioner Weston, "There is no credit. No glory in the death of Danny Bricker, Commissioner Weston. He was a victim, a human instrument of destruction, fashioned by mankind, that teaches men to kill their enemies in time of war, yet expects them to forget their murderous art in time of peace. Danny Bricker was an enemy of society - a killer. But only because you and I and countless thousands made him one. No, Commissioner, there is no glory in this for you or The Shadow or for any man."
Links[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.