|The Man Who Was Death|
February 29, 1948
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A lab experiment goes wrong and a scientist ends up with radiation poisoning. Realizing he will soon die, he goes on a robbing spree to collect money for his soon to be widowed wife. However, after killing his first victim, he becomes obsessed of being "the burning man," and begins to terrorize the city.
Full Cast[edit | edit source]
- Roger Lash (a scientist; dies)
- Hendrix (a lab assistant; dies)
- Margret Lash (Roger's wife)
Notes and References[edit | edit source]
- Sanctum Books reprinted the script to "The Man Who Was Death" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #39.
- The basic premise of Alfred Bester's script, a scientist with radiation poisoning goes on a robbing spree to collect money for his soon to be widowed wife, was used earlier in a 1945 episode "The Case of the Flaming Skull."