November 3, 1940
The Mark of the Black Widow (Radio Show)
Several accidents are occurring at a lumber camp. The workers believe it is a backwoods creature named "The Creeper" who's responsible. Vacationing the area, Lamont and Margot stumble on to one of the accident scenes where a tree has fallen on a lumberman. The two hear about the local superstition which are frightening the men. However, The Shadow knows better and investigates.
- The Creeper (Frank Barton; dies)
- King (the Creeper's pet grizzly bear)
- Bill MacCraig (lumberman foreman; dies)
- Dermott (dies)
- Squanto (an Indian guide)
- Mr. Moore (owner of a lumber mill)
- Pierre le Blank (lumberman; dies)
Notes and References
- Though they share the same name, this episode should not be confused with the 1938 show with Orson Welles.