|The Bride of Death|
March 6, 1938
Lamont Cranston and Margot arrive in a fishing village where a cult that engages in human sacrifice has set up shop in the home of a rich and slightly senile old woman which is suspected of being behind the death of the preacher who objected to their presence.
- Prophet of the Ancient One (a cult leader; dies)
- Aka and Matawa (henchmen; die)
- Mrs. Ackley
- Reverend Colby (dies)
- Margot Stevenson as Isabelle Colby (the Reverend's daughter)
- Captain Seth (a retired seaman)
- Marthy (Captain Seth's wife)
Notes and References
- This is Margot Stevenson's debut on The Shadow Radio Show. Margo Lane was based on the stage actress. In 1937 Stevenson was dating Clark Andrews, a radio producer working on the radio show. It was Andrews who introduced the character of Margo Lane (named after Stevenson) as the girlfriend of the hero, Lamont Cranston.
- In this episode Stevenson is the voice of "Isabelle Colby." She later took over the role of Margo Lane and played the part for 26 episodes in 1938.