|Spotlight on the Duchess|
November 4, 1945
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Lamont Cranston and Margot Lane watch a play where a woman poisons herself after she is arrested for murder. After the show, Lamont and Margo go to a local saloon with the playwright, and soon after, are involved in a case where murders, like the ones scripted on the stage, begin to take place.
Full Cast[edit | edit source]
- Bret Morrison as The Shadow (Lamont Cranston) (also disguised as a bar drunk)
- Lesley Woods as Margot Lane
- Mike (a saloon keeper)
- Commissioner Weston
- Johnathan Drake (a playwright)
- Millie Kennedy (the duchess)
- Freddie (a bar customer; dies)
- Jennie Greene (Freddie's girl; dies)
- Blanche LaTour (an ex-circus actress; dies)
Notes and References[edit | edit source]
- "Spotlight on the Duchess" is a "lost episode" and only survives as an Australian rebroadcast which features Lloyd Lamble as Lamont Cranston.
- "Spotlight on the Duchess" was also published in Shadow Comics #92.
- Scriptwriter Joe Bates Smith, who wrote this episode, was a stage actor and playwright prior to becoming a writer for various radio dramas.