Appearing in "The Voodoo Master"
- The Shadow (also disguised as Fritz, the janitor & "James Rettigue")
- The Shadow's Agents:
- The Voodoo Master (1st appearance)
- Elridge Rathcourt (cult member; dies)
- Manuel and Fernando (The Voodoo Master's henchmen; die)
- Jose Arilla
- Captain Juggers (captured)
- Borey and Hoke (crooks; both die)
- Dill and Hummer (crooks; both captured)
- Tyke Lugan (a stool pigeon)
- Acting Inspector Joe Cardona
- Detective Sergeant Markham
- Dr. Rupert Sayre
- Richards, the butler (for the real Lamont Cranston)
- Detective Cassidy
- Officers Dowley and Parker
- Dunley Bligh (a millionaire)
- Stanton Wallace (zombie like, then cured)
- New York City
- Hotel Delbar
- The Europa Building
- Red Mike's
- New Jersey
- Lamont Cranston's estate
- The Shadow's Autogyro
- The Shadow's speed boat
- The Cantrilla (a ferryboat)
- The Doranic (a steamship)
Synopsis for "The Voodoo Master"
- "The Voodoo Master" was reprinted in Shadow Magazine Annual #2, Sanctum Books #3, The Shadow 80th-Anniversary 4-Pack Commemorative Collection and as a simplified comic book plot in Shadow Comics #14.
- Dr. Rodil Mocquino, The Shadow's arch-foe, also makes several comic book appearances as well, this is his first appearance in the pulps.
- Eric Veldon, a criminal who had called himself a "master of death," is noted in the story.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 97 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
- The The Voodoo Master trilogy can be read in the following issues:
Links and References