- Here, in San Francisco, I have encountered one of the strangest cases that I have ever seen in all my career as a physician. That is why I telegraphed Yat Soon, asking that he communicate with you at once. I urged that you should come here, to take my place, my hope being that you could gain the answer which I have failed to obtain. I came to San Francisco to continue the work that I had begun when we first met: namely, to aid fellow Chinese in their efforts to adopt American ways and methods, to throw off superstition and achieve progress. In this work, I discovered that my fame as a physician was valuable. I was recognized because of my medical knowledge. As a consultant, I was welcomed in many quarters where ordinarily a man of my advanced views might not have been received. It was in the capacity of physician that I visited the home of Ku Luan. A dead man who lives.
- --Roy Tam
- --Roy Tam
Appearing in "The Chinese Tapestry"
- The Shadow (also disguised as "Henry Arnaud")
- The Shadow's Agents:
- Hype Mellick (dies)
- Zack Ruggey (dies)
- Mark Eldreth (Colin's cousin; dies)
- Singledon (Oriental Museum attendant; dies)
- Wong Soy (a doorman; dies)
- Dr. Roy Tam
- Yat Soon (mentioned only)
- Inspector Romson
- Ku Luan (dies)
- Dr. Doi Yan (Ku Luan's physician)
- Tsing Chan (Ku Luan's steward)
- Lee Yan (Tsing Chan's servant)
- Weldon Dryer (a lawyer)
- David Kelroy
- Dr. Barnett Lestman (Oriental Museum curator)
- Tobias Eldreth (mentioned only; dies in flashback)
- Colin Eldreth (Tobias' grandson, Mark's cousin)
- San Francisco, California
- The Oriental Museum
- The San Francisco Ferry Terminal
- The Thurbley Hotel
- The Shadow's rubber suction cups
Synopsis for "The Chinese Tapestry"
From the depths of blackness steps The Shadow, to aid a white heir to a Chinese fortune to solve the mystery of the Chinese Tapestry.
- Sanctum Books reprinted "The Chinese Tapestry" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #95.
- Can you solve the riddle? The cover shows twelve pictures which are coded symbols representing these words:
- Key _____ Small ___ Find
- Unlocks _ Gold ____ Treasure
- Large ___ Statue __ Beneath
- Casket __ One _____ Single
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 89 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.