- "I am The Shadow! Sit down. Turn on the lamp. You killed Jonathan Graham! Answer me! You killed Jonathan Graham! Tell me why! Write your full story. Tell everything. Sign your name beneath, when you have finished. Mail the letter. Then you can forget.
Appearing in "The Red Menace"
- The Shadow's Agents:
- Communist Agents:
- Red Envoy (Price Zuvor; dies)
- Stanley Berger (dies)
- Prokop (dies)
- Lamont Cranston
- Bruce Duncan
- Vic Marquette
- Arlette DeLand
- Professor Arthur Whitburn
- Lieutenant Raymond Branson
- Abdul (Duncan's Hindu servant)
- Berchik (dies)
- Ivan Shiskin (dies)
- Jonathan Graham (dies)
- New York City
- Death Island
- "Devil's Whisper" (explosive paste)
- Girasol Ring
Synopsis for "The Red Menace"
The Shadow confronts an ex-Czarist nobleman now living in New York under an assumed name.
- Sanctum Books reprinted "The Red Menace" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #91.
- The story was also reprinted in paperback form as The Red Menace (Pyramid #7).
- The messenger of the late Prince Samanov, Berchik, first appeared in issue two. This is his last appearance.
- Professor Arthur Whitburn appears again in "The Plot Master."
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
- Stories revealing insight into The Shadow's origin can be read in the following issues:
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.