- Why did you disobey the rules? You know the rules. Every bank in the city received a copy of them after that first robbery with the fear-ray machine. You were under strict orders not to admit any depositor to the bank who carried a suitcase, a box, or a parcel of any kind larger than six inches square. Why did you break that rule?
Appearing in "The Green Terror"
- The Shadow's Agents:
- Big Bill Bokin (a crooked politician; captured)
- Daniel French (captured)
- Arthur Crosby (a criminal lawyer; captured)
- Gaylord (a banker and a jewelry shop owner; dies)
- Slasher Doyle (dies)
- Hilbert (inventor of the fear-ray and a bank thief; dies)
- Morello (a mobster; dies)
- New York City
- The Coastal Bank
- La Guardia Field
- Metropolis Jewelry Co.
- The Shadow's Sanctum
- New Jersey
- A fear-ray machine
- Allard's one-seater plane
Synopsis for "The Green Terror"
Four vicious men run an insurance racket -- an insurance of crime! An inventor who is developing a fear-ray as a war invention, is persuaded by one of the racketeers to turn the ray to crime, and to kill off his other three partners.
- One of the few stories where Kent Allard appears as himself, the celebrated aviator.
- Sanctum Books reprinted "The Green Terror" in The Shadow Annual #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 214 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
- Other stories of "crime insurance rackets" can be read in:
Links and References