- Two harbor cops dead! A gang of river pirates wiped out by another gang - who promptly disappear into the depths of the Hudson like a bunch of deep-sea divers! Men found floating in the river with a queer mark on their foreheads! Another discovered drowned in the Central Park Lake, in the middle of Manhattan! And this business about Davy Jones! Who is he? What is he? My stoolies tell me that for weeks the underworld has been buzzing with quiet rumors that a supercriminal has taken over the entire waterfront of New York.
Appearing in "River of Death"
- The Shadow's Agents:
- "Davy Jones" (Anthony Saxon; suicide)
- Roy Hollister (a shipping broker; captured)
- Blue Chip Deegan (a crooked gambler; dies)
- John Brody (bookshop owner; dies)
- Flip Wiley (showboat owner; dies)
- Smoke Paretti (a thug; captured)
- Ned Turner (Edith Turner's father; dies)
- Bickel (a steward)
- Sailor Marco (a river thug; dies)
- Pike (a river thug; dies)
- Turk (Pike's henchman; dies)
- Commissioner Ralph Weston (mentioned only)
- Acting Inspector Joe Cardona
- Edith Turner (engaged to Roy Hollister)
- Pauline (bookstore clerk)
- New York City
- John Brody's Bookshop
- The Hudson River
- The Shadow's Sanctum
- The Equator (a steamship)
- Sliver Knave (ship)
- Woolwich Ferry
Synopsis for "River of Death"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Sanctum Books reprinted "River of Death" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #36.
- A British version of this story was serialized in The Thriller Library #531, concluding in The Thriller Library #541.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 169 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
- The Shadow's adventures at sea:
- Sunken ship tales:
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.