- One thing is certain: The Shadow always works with the law. He's liable, any time, to call in others to help him. Somebody like you, Mr. Formion; or Miss Marcy. He might even pick Mr. Allard, knowing him to be a friend of the commissioner's. Sometimes, he's turned a job over to me. Like the time he snagged a batch of stolen gems from the crooks who had them. They turned up in my overcoat pocket.
Appearing in "The Rackets King"
- The Shadow (also disguised as "Fritz, the janitor")
- The Shadow's Agents:
- Tex Dybert (a racketeer; dies)
- Lou Channing (alias "Chester Vayd"; dies)
- Alfred Formion (a business magnate; killed by bloodhounds)
- Commissioner Ralph Weston
- Inspector Joe Cardona
- Detective Sergeant Markham
- Dr. Rupert Sayre
- Allard's two unnamed Xinca servants
- Irene Marcy (Formion's secretary)
- Dick Marcy (Irene's brother)
- Private Detective Roger Grell (dies)
- New York City
- Cobalt Club
- The Shadow's Sanctum
- White Plains
- "Devil's Whisper" (explosive paste)
Synopsis for "The Rackets King"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Sanctum Books reprinted "The Rackets King" as The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #28.
- One of the few stories where Kent Allard appears as himself, the celebrated aviator.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 152 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References