Appearing in "The Sealed Box"
- James Belver (dies)
- Theda Morenz (dies)
- Criminologist Slade Farrow
- Police Chief Mulley
- Larry Sherrin
- Rufus Vosgle
- Eunice Whilton
- Gilbert (the Whilton's servant)
- Mayor Dylan (dies)
- Richard Whilton (dies)
- The Cario Club
Synopsis for "The Sealed Box"
Within the sealed box was the key to a baffling mystery - and blood would run before The Shadow grasped its secret!
- Sanctum Books reprinted "The Sealed Box" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #30.
- This story was adapted as the first Shadow comic strip adventure, "The Mystery of the Sealed Box." It has been reprinted in comic book form several times: Shadow Comics #9, Crime Classics #1, Pulp Action #1 and The Shadow Scrapbook.
- One of the few stories where Kent Allard appears as himself, the celebrated aviator.
- It is mentioned in The Duende History of the Shadow Magazine that the cover for this issue was altered. It depicts a woman struggling with crook, her clothing coming loose. Wrapped around her waist is The Shadow's arm -- but where is his face? Seemingly, it is painted out for fear it would look like our hero was molesting the woman.
- Interestingly, the cover image is from the story in the NEXT issue, RACKET TOWN, Shadow #140. No such incident happened in this story, but did happen in RACKET TOWN, where a thug tore Ruth Knightson's dress as the Shadow grabbed her to get her away from the battle.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 139 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.