- You remember Kent Allard, the aviator, who was lost a dozen years ago? On that flight to South America? They've located Allard himself! He landed in the Guatemalan jungle, and became the white god of a tribe of Xinca Indians. A Xinca messenger has just shown up in Puerto Barrios, on the Caribbean, with word that Allard is on his way back to civilization. The Classic wants me to go to Guatemala and meet him.
- -- Clyde Burke
- -- Clyde Burke
Appearing in "The Shadow Unmasks"
- The Shadow (origin & 1st appearance of "Kent Allard")
- The Shadow's Agents:
- Madden Henshew (a jewel broker)
- Shark Meglo (jewel thief; dies)
- Hood Bleeth (Shark's henchman)
- Pinkey Borton
- Michael Chanbury (an art collector; dies)
- Wintham (Hugo Silsam's butler)
- Moy Ming (dies)
- Inspector Joe Cardona Joe Cardona
- Police Commissioner Ralph Weston
- Criminologist Slade Farrow
- Lamont Cranston (in England)
- Stanley, the chauffeur
- Allard's two unnamed Xinca servants (1st appearance)
- Elenore Merwood (Michael Chanbury's secretary)
- Hugo Silsam (copper millionaire; dies)
- Jim Tyrune (a private detective; dies)
- New York City
- The Shadow's Girasol
Synopsis for "The Shadow Unmasks"
For the first time in his long career as a crime fighter extraordinary, The Shadow thrusts aside his veil of mystery! Not under one of his many aliases but in his true identity, The Shadow reveals himself! Here, in his latest battle against the underworld, is exposed the unfathomable past of being known to all the world as The Shadow!
While trailing some jewel thieves, The Shadow drops his Lamont Cranston alter ego when newspaper headlines claim that the real Cranston has been injured in an airplane accident. The Shadow decides to reveal his true self to his friend, Slade Farrow, as the recently found aviator, Kent Allard.
- Sanctum Books reprinted "The Shadow Unmasks" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #15 and The Shadow Special: The Origins Collection.
- One of the few stories where Kent Allard appears as himself, the celebrated aviator.
- Cliff Marsland shoots and kills a knife-jabbing thug -- Moy Ming.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 131 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References