- To me he always has been - The Shadow. But I can tell you one thing -- He's the greatest detective that you or I will ever see in this world! A genius who has dedicated his life to the cause of justice!
Appearing in "Fox Hound"
- Foxhound (Thomas Springer; captured)
- Jimmy Dawson (dies)
- Alonzo Kelsea (a lawyer; dies)
- David Stoner (a private detective; dies)
- Helene Carfax (Stoner's assistant; dies)
- Commissioner Ralph Weston
- Acting Inspector Joe Cardona
- Doctor Bruce Hanson
- Madge Payne (Leland Payne's niece)
- Pierre Renoir (a steward)
- Colette Duval (a stewardess)
- Pat Malone (a pier detective; dies)
- Herbert Backus (an escaped convict; dies)
- Herbert Baker (dies)
- Leland Payne (dies)
- Winslow (Payne's butler; dies)
- New York City
- Cobalt Club
- The Shadow's private hospital
- The Shadow's Sanctum
- Girasol Ring
Synopsis for "Fox Hound"
Foxhound laid his plans of loot, not heeding to any grim warning. He would strike with a series of bloody murders, and escape with the speed of his namesake, but when The Shadow intervened, a grim battle of hare and hounds began, giving the mastercrook a bloody chase that ends only at the kill!
- Sanctum Books reprinted "Fox Hound" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #66.
- This story was the basis of the 1938 film, International Crime.
- A British version of the story was published as "Evidence to Order" in The Thriller Library #491.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 118 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References