October 29, 1939
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A veteran medical examiner is found murdered in Commissioner Weston's office. Fingerprints of a knife thrower, who was executed eight years earlier, are found in the room and on the dead body. When the killer strikes again, the same fingerprints are found at the scene. Curious of how a dead man can leave fresh fingerprints at a crime scene, The Shadow investigates.
Full Cast[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Giles (Dr. Kilgore's medical assistant; suicide)
- "Killer" Norvelli (a dead convict; mentioned only)
- Dr. Kilgore (dies)
- Madame Maria Norvelli ("Killer" Norvelli's widow; dies)
- Officer Charles Moley
- Officer O'Riley
- Officer Marcy
Notes and References[edit | edit source]
- The killer whistles Chopin's "Funeral March" before throwing a knife into his victims.
- Several plot elements from this episode can be heard again in Eric Arthur's 1946 script, "The Walking Corpse."