|Murder by the Dead|
October 17, 1937
Plot[edit | edit source]
After the verdict is read at a criminal's trial, a judge and D. A. are threatened by the condemned man. The convict is then hanged.
Later, the judge is murdered, as is the district attorney. The stakes are high when the jury foreman, who is next on the killer's list, happens to be Margot Lane's father. How is the dead man following through with his threat? Can he be stopped? The Shadow knows.
Full Cast[edit | edit source]
- Peter Swift (dies twice)
- Dr. Craig (suicide)
- Commissioner Weston
- Ross Lane (Margo's father)
- Jenkins (Mr. Lane's chauffeur)
- Sgt. Riley
- Judge Clyde (dies)
- Ms. Taylor (Judge Clyde's housekeeper)
- District Attorney Stowe (dies)
- New York City
Notes and References[edit | edit source]
- Sanctum Books reprinted the radio script to "Murder by the Dead" in The Shadow Double-Novel Reprint #31.