Burbank is the most mysterious of The Shadow's agents. Very little is known about his past or personal life. How or why he was recruited in the first place is still a riddle.
Since he is quite skilled at electronics, wire tapping and tracking information, his chief duty is central communications for The Shadow. The various agents can reach him by regular telephone. So can the master sleuth himself when he is in action.
Burbank is a study-toned man who mostly sits at a switchboard, with a shortwave in one hand and reams of files in the other, relaying instructions from The Shadow and furnishing agents with prompt information during drastic situations when The Shadow is too heavily engaged to call the shots himself.
With his quiet voice sounding over the wire, he's passive and efficient. He is usually kept unseen. When plans are forming; when campaigns are at their height, Burbank is always in readiness.
Some may argue that he is the most vital of The Shadow's organization, as he is always gathering prepared reports, which are then secretly dropped off at the B. Jonas Office Building. He's the only agent who is able to communicate directly to The Shadow, via a special mobile wire.
Of all the agents, he is the most enduring. His duties are passive as a rule, but there seems to be no limit to the length of time that he can remain awake and ready, and always doing The Shadow's bidding.
Powers and Abilities
Information Technology: he is an electrical genius.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
- Normally, Burbank plays a passive part in The Shadow's campaign against crime, but he is a proven marksman. While he was posted in a tower in Middledale, his gunshot accompanied The Shadow's which killed a crooked night club owner.
- Through a special wire, he's able to directly contact The Shadow when he is in his secret sanctum.
- There's a two-way radio set in the back of Moe Shrevnitz's taxicab. It's hidden behind a panel in the rear of the front seat. The Shadow uses it to contact Burbank as well. This two-way hookup can also be found in Lamont Cranston's limousine. When The Shadow is being chauffeured as Cranston, he can turn the dial of a hidden shortwave radio in order to speak with Burbank.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Burbank (Street & Smith)
- Character Gallery: Burbank (Street & Smith)
- Quotations by Burbank (Street & Smith)
- Images that include Burbank (Street & Smith)
Links and References
|Shadow Agent |
This character is or was an agent of The Shadow. Together, as a team of underworld spies, they fought crime under the leadership of The Shadow. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Shadow Agent" category.